Sunday, April 17, 2016

Peer Review for Joshua Smith

For this peer review I decided to look at Joshua Smith's Rough Cut of his standard college essay. I think that he has a great start on the essay. It was very well written, and it explains the situation very
thoroughly.


  • I decided to make a suggestion about the form conventions of a standard college essay, specifically about his decision to use subsections in the essay.
  • I suggested that he remove these as they are not typical of a college essay. Instead, I think he should attempt to write some transitional sentences, so that his ideas can still be separate, but still connected. Changing this would just make the essay "more standard" than not.
  • I used the other college essay examples we discussed in class, as well as my own experience writing an essay for project 2.
  • I admired his use of examples; they were certainly plentiful, and they were very supportive of his argument. I certainly think that I could incorporate more examples and quotes to fill out my video essay.  

No comments:

Post a Comment