Thursday, March 24, 2016

Peer Review 9b

For this portion of the peer review, I elected to review David Klebosky's QRG. I really enjoyed his project, his sarcastic tone was a great attention grabber, and he still was able to communicate the information thoroughly.


  • For his QRG I decided to focus on genre conventions (activity two) because of his significant lack of some.
  •  Although David's language and tone were absolutely great, the piece was lacking any visual aids, which is a core convention of a QRG. I suggested, obviously, that he should add some, but also from the specific project which he was discussing. I think that a few images would really help the reader grasp some of the concepts which he is talking about.
  • I drew from our discussion earlier in the semester about genre conventions and the key differences between an essay and a QRG (images).
  • I really did admire his ability to make the QRG entertaining with his tone, but also was able to share the information professionally. Although the tone of my academic essay must be a bit less sarcastic, I think that I could make it a bit lighter than it is right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment