Friday, February 12, 2016

Peer Review Two


Cookieater2009 "pencil" 05/25/2010 via flickr.com
Generic Creative Commons License
For my second peer review exercise I reviewed Emily Bond's and Shauna Bratton's podcasts (Emily's rubric is here and Shauna's is here). 
  • What did you learn about your own project (or the project in general) by comparing drafts of the same project in different genres?
    • From comparing my project to other projects, mostly QRG's, I learned that it might've been a bit easier to convey the information on the controversy through written text. Although I really enjoyed the podcasts recorded by my peers, I think that the QRG's and essay's were a bit more complete than our own projects. However, I also think that the podcasts have so much to offer in creativity and audience engagement, and with a bit more editing I think we can really hit this one out of the park.
  • I want you to plan on doing revision between now and our next class meeting on Tuesday. Tell me the top three issues or problems with your draft in its current form and what you plan on doing over the weekend to address those issues.
    • My draft has a lot of potential. I think my top issue is working on the flow of the podcast; I tend to stumble over my words very easily and in the recording it sounds amateurish and hesitant. I think with a bit more practice and some editing, I should be able to over come that problem. Another problem is my music and sound effects. I added some music at the very last minute before posting my draft, and it is rather repetitive. I think working on splicing in some sound effects and editing will alleviate any issues with that. Finally, I forgot to cite my sources at the end of the podcast, which is very important for the final draft. 
  • Tell me the top three strengths of your draft. How/why are these things strengths? How will you build on them to make the rest of the draft as strong?
    • My biggest strength, I think, is the ratio of information to opinion. I provide the needed information to understand the controversy as well as provide my own opinion on the content. This helps my podcast to be informative, but not necessarily pointless. The way I work in various quotations is also very good, and the overall flow of the podcast is good. Finally, I really think I engage the audience with the language I use; it's professional but not necessarily hard to understand or grasp. I plan to keep doing all of these things as I continue to revise and re-record my podcast.


No comments:

Post a Comment