Saturday, February 20, 2016

Local Revision: Pronoun Usage

Ian Britton, "Sorry out of use" via freefoto.com
Creative Commons License Attribution- NonCommercial- No Derivative Works 3.0 Licsense
For as long as my podcast is, it really does not over-use pronouns, in my opinion. Each pronoun allows the sentence to flow, but still make sense in the end.

Based on your analysis, how effective is your pronoun usage in Project 1? What does actively examining your pronoun usage tell you about your writing style?
  • I think that my somewhat limited pronoun usage creates a good rhythm/ flow to the sentence that makes it easier to listen to. Rather than repeating the same name over and over again, the varying wordage allows for a more interesting story. I think it also indicates that the tone of the piece is less scientific and more like prose.

Are there any instances in your project where you speak to or refer directly to the audience? If so, how effective are these moments at creating a bond or connection between audience and author? If not, why not? Explain why you're choosing to leave your audience out of your writing. There's nothing wrong with that, per se, but you should be able to give a sophisticated explanation of your choices.

  • I did not find any instances of direct addressing of the audience, mostly just discussing the stakeholders of the controversy. I feel that my story did not need a conversation between the audience and I; it was mostly just a presentation that required the provocation of thoughts from the audience through information. Also, I think the subject is not typically public discussion, the legality and issues of energy harvesting, and I would be addressing an audience that would not have much to say on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment