Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Peer Review One

AJC ajcann.wordpress.com "Peer Review" 05/23/2008 via flickr.com
Public Domain Dedication License
For this post I decided to peer review James Furosa, who decided to use a QRG to cover the Joseph Maraachli controversy. The QRG in question was very well written, in my opinion, as my grading and comments reflect in the rubric.

This draft does an excellent job of explaining the controversy for which it is about. It's organization is very appropriate and makes the story easy to follow. I really want to emulate this in my own perfect; I really feel like it is a bit hard to follow at the current moment. I also feel like he provides a lot of evidence from each stakeholder, which not only adds length, but also helps explain each side of the story.

Unfortunately, there were a few things in the post that I think should be changed. Primarily, I feel that there wasn't enough evidence to support the side of the family in the controversy. I want to make sure that each side in my story is equally represented. Another mistake that was made was that the background of one of the stakeholders is rather vague; it doesn't really explain where the group comes from and why they chose to get involved. I need to make sure that each stakeholder fits in the story, explain why they are there.

No comments:

Post a Comment