Sunday, January 31, 2016

Considering Genre

microbiologybytes, "Video Camera Icon" 01/07/2015 via flickr.com
Public Domain Dedication License
The video genre is a great tool to use while presenting information that requires both audio and visual information. There are many effective examples of this on youtube, all about a variety of subjects from the scientific to the pop culture based. A video essay, in my opinion, would be the best option for a controversy such as the election of the new conductor of the Berlin Philharmonic.

  • What genre are you going to commit to for Project 1? Why?
    • With a presentation on classical music, I feel like it is almost necessary to include an audio aspect in order to actually listen to what you are discussing. However, this controversy involves a lot of names and dates, which would require the video aspect in order to keep track of it all.
  • What genre conventions from your chosen genre are you planning on developing during next week's Production phase? What do you plan to do with the genre conventions that will help you accomplish the purpose of the project most effectively?
    • I definitely plan to cover the audio part of my project this week, as I plan to use narration in my video rather than directly filming myself. The rest of the project will be covered by using video editing software on my computer. I think using this will help me detangle this confusing controversy in a way that everyone can understand.
  •  How are you feeling about Project 1 going in to the Production phase? What challenges do you anticipate next week as you create content for the project?
    • I am really nervous my procrastination will get the best of me, as it did this week with deadline two. I am also really self conscious about recording myself talking, but I think I will be able overcome this in the next week. 




No comments:

Post a Comment